Consolidate Left-over Gift Cards

Who else has random gift cards leftover with odd amounts?


 I found a way to combine them without leaving the couch!

Yes, you read that correctly! There is a way to consolidate your gift cards [American Express, Visa, Mastercard, etc.] of $1.00 or more into one usable amount.

What's my secret?


So after getting married this past February we received many presents in the form of gift cards. After using a couple cards on larger purchases we were left with some odd amounts. I was a cashier in my teens so I know it is easy and possible to use a pre-set amount on a credit card, though explaining that with people behind you isn't so fun. Going into a store with the attempt to pay in several ways gives me anxiety. I simply refused. So I started looking for an alternative. There has to be a way!

After many many hours I found this Amazon page. Simply enter the EXACT dollar amount of your first gift card into the 'Enter Amount' box. 

The first card I tried was an American Express that had a balance of $1.43. Here is the simple process:


Head to Amazon Gift Card Page, select type of card, and enter your email address in the 'TO' field. then: 
**Be sure to change your payment information to the gift card with the balance. After the order is complete you can remove the original gift card from payment options so you are not denied for a future purchase.


Repeat this process with each 'credit card gift card' that you would like to use. 

Cons: 
  • You'll have to use the amount that is left on Amazon.com [we use Prime in the HordAholic household so I see this as a pro!]
  • The minimum gift card amount is $1.00; I had a refund from an old cell phone provider for $0.65 and sadly I still do! :(
  • Each card will need a separate transaction. 

Pros:
  • Once you purchase the digital gift card you simply add it to the Amazon account and it will be deducted from your next purchase.

 





As you can see when I was actively using the cards I would update them with a sharpie when I got home from shopping. This is much easier once they were below ten or twenty dollars.

Once you receive the emails for all of the cards that you have now transformed into Amazon gift cards click each to add to your Amazon account. The old cards can be discarded.
Now Shop and Enjoy!

...the future is bright!

xoxo
D.Hord








Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: