This week on Netflix: "The Culture High"


This week on Netflix: The Culture High

As it often happens, I couldn't sleep so I went searching through Netflix for something to watch. As I was browsing I noticed a new show that I had not noticed prior. "The Culture High" is a documentary about the road to where this country and the world is with the legalization of marijuana. It is not your typical pro weed video. The focus is widened and very thought provoking. 

Main Points; 
  • The militarization of our police force
  • The war on drugs
  • The privatizing of prisons creating profit for conviction
  • Bias that flows through our society
  • Government Corruption
  • Breakdown of the relationship between police and citizen
  • The real drug dealers: Pharmaceutical Companies
Taking a wider look at the situation did not change my view, because I don't believe it should a Schedule I substance. I believe that it should be regulated as little or less than alcohol. It did however make me question our government on their view of what is best for the country because the internet has started a revolution. This group is different than before. I urge you to watch this video and engage with the questions it may have raised, opinions you have on the topic and your reaction to it?

...the future is bright!

xoxo
D, Hord 



Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: