Keep Calm: Take a Shower?


I've always hated the pre- and post- processes to taking a shower. 
Though the actual shower itself would be amazing!

During my daily Twitter session I saw SELF Magazine tweeted a new quick quiz to see if a shower is necessary. It made me laugh as I read through it!

Graphic credit to: SELF - by Glamour


I have long hair so that it always an annoyance to worry about blow drying, especially with the chilly weather on it's way!

Now clearly I'm old enough to know when I need a shower and when I can get by without one BUT I just love this graphic. I've never used dry shampoo but after reading about it a bit I think it's definitely meant for me! As my followers know, I recently have been experiencing pain and fatigue so I'm even less likely to want to get into the shower. Now it can be more exhausting than the relaxation that it would provide. When I don't have to wash my hair it's a smaller and more manageable task.

So I'm going to try dry shampoo!

I chose to buy an inexpensive option for my first test! Now I haven't washed my hair in 4 days. I use a shower cap from the $1 store that lasts for at least two months instead of stealing those hotel ones!
My hair was oily and had been in a ponytail or bun for at least two days! If you have long hair you already know this struggle. It's known as the 'bump'! It's a part of your hair that was in the tie and decides to have a weird kink in it, making it impossible to wear your hair down. Ugh, so irritating. So the other day I was getting ready for a concert and realized I had not left enough time for a full shower with hair blow dry etc. It was the perfect time for my trial.

I chose to use Dove Dry Shampoo. Honestly it was one of the cheapest options when I ran into RiteAid to purchase. I normally buy the cheapest option of a product; it's all the same anyway...

Here is the BEFORE picture:
(ew)


I followed the directions on the can, spray several inches from oily hair, massage, and brush. Pretty simple and definitely a lot quicker than a blow dry.



I was impressed by the results. It was the first time I tried this technique and I was in a rush. I'm definitely going to make this part of my normal regimen! I'm sure as I get more used to the process the results will improve as well.



...the future is bright!

xoxo
D. Hord


Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: