Rhuematologlist Appointment

What do I know Now?

Well I didn't find out much! Though I now feel much more positive going forward. I met with Dr. Jerden after completing all the new patient forms. Everyone in the office felt genuinely kind. Dr. Jerden looked at my file then we had a discussion of all the symptoms I've been having, when it had all started, and how bad it is. He did some physical movement tests proceeded by some pressure point checks. That is when he explained the result of the degeneration in my neck. 

The primary care doctor had told me that two areas in my neck x-rays show degeneration. Dr. Jerden explained that this was osteoarthritis. It may have been caused by my accident or by strain and overuse through life. This happens normally but mine is more progressed than normal, though it is not something to be concerned with.

I learned that there is another similar condition Myofascial Pain Dysfunction Syndrome that I hadn't seen in my research. Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Dysfunction Syndrome can co-exist. The doctor suggested that I could have Fibro as a secondary or even third level condition. Seriously? 
Clearly I'm hoping there is not more than one thing we have to treat. 

After reviewing the labs that had been requested by my primary care doctor, Dr. Jerden explained the the C-reactive protein was taken for cardiac instead of regular. So that is one of the tests that needs to be taken. More blood work yay! 

He asked about family histories and places we've gone. Covering everything. I felt he heard me, I was very comfortable at this office and with this doctor. I felt positive and hopeful that I will get some relief from my symptoms.

 I'm having blood drawn for 11 different tests. Dr. Jerden listed some of the items that could be diagnosed from these tests: Autoimmune diseases like lupus, inflammatory markers,a more definite rheumatoid marker, and as the doctor said, a bunch of other stuff you don't want to worry about. When he heard we had been in Punta Cana and Jamaica right around the time my symptoms began he ordered some extra tests. He wanted to be sure to cover all bases even though I have had vaccinations. Which I definitely support!

At the end of the appointment he said, 
"Don't worry if it was anything too bad I'd be sending you to the hospital"

I'll be getting my blood taken tomorrow, Thursday, October 4th. The office will call me is there is anything else pressing to speak about. So now it is wait until my next appointment, Friday October 28th at 10am. The waiting game for a diagnosis or test results oscillates between positive and negative. There are so many worse diseases or disorders that I could find out I have. Though there is HOPE that it's something even less serious, not chronic, and curable!
I'm going to stay positive through these next three and a half weeks. (I say to myself still only half believing it ) 

I'm so happy with my decision to see Rheumatology Specialty Center & Dr. Jerden. 
I feel positive, comfortable, and trusting.


...the future is bright

xoxo
D. Hord




Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments: